Sue Bedford (MSc Nutritional Therapy)
This summer smoothie is packed full of antioxidants which are vital for healthy sperm and egg cells.
Berries are a fantastic source of antioxidants as well as folate, vitamin c and fibre to help ‘zap’ those free radicals that can lead to oxidative stress in cells and thus helping prevent damage to the DNA, including egg and sperm cells.
The wheatgrass helps to balance PH levels (alkalises), which is important for sperm survival. It also helps to maintain hormone balance.
The fish oil (omegas) helps to lower inflammation in the body and increases blood flow to the uterus.
The milk contains protein which is vital for growth and repair of cells and balancing sugar levels.
- 200g strawberries and raspberries (these have a low GL)
- 50g frozen blueberries
- 1 mug of organic milk (or rice, coconut or almond milk if you prefer not to use dairy).
- Teaspoon of liquid omega’s (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of wheatgrass or a wheatgrass shot.
- Sprinkle of your favourite seeds
Mix the ingredients together in a blender. Alter the thickness to suit by adjusting the amount of milk. Enjoy!