Sue Bedford (MSc Nutritional Therapy)
Makes 2 portions – double up as required
2 squash of your choice
1 onion – chopped
1 tsp of olive oil or rapeseed oil
1 clove of garlic crushed
200g of chopped tomatoes (can be fresh or canned)
200g of haricot beans
A handful of fresh basil and oregano
Seasoning to taste
Optional (100g of grated cheese of your choice to sprinkle over the top)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and cook gently for a couple more minutes.
- Add the beans and tomatoes along with the fresh herbs and a pinch of seasoning and allow to cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops off the squash and scoop out the seeds.
- Spoon the tomato, bean and herb mixture into the squash (sprinkle with grated cheese if you wish) and place into the preheated oven for around 40 minutes.