By Sue Bedford (MSc Nutritional Therapy)
Celebrate in style with this fertility-friendly Pimm’s Mocktail- a great fruit-packed treat idea for your Platinum Jubilee Parties.
Strawberries add a lovely red to most mocktail’s. Not only do they look nice but possess both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, both of which are important when it comes to health and fertility. Their seeds contain omega 3 and they are packed full of vitamin c (which protects egg and sperm cells from damage) and folate.
Ice cubes and cubed cucumber – low in calories, great for hydration, reducing inflammation and are a good source of vitamin C, K magnesium and fibre.
Have you ever added any edible flowers to your drinks? The royal blue in this mocktail is from beautiful borage (also known as starflower). Starflower also contains an antioxidant called Quercetin which helps reduce swelling. A fab fertility-friendly addition to a celebration mocktail.
- 150ml sparkling water
- 450ml cloudy lemonade (homemade is delicious)
- 5ml balsamic vinegar
- 200g strawberries hulled and washed
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and cubed
- A handful of borage/ starflowers
- Mint and a twist of fresh orange slices to serve.
- Ice cubes
- Combine the sparkling water, lemonade, and balsamic in a large jug and mix well.
- Chop the strawberries, cucumber, and mint and add ice to the jug along with the borage/ starflowers
- Stir again and serve
Enjoy in some lovely decorative glasses. If you do make these cocktails, we would love to see pictures of them! Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!