Sue Bedford (MSc Nutritional Therapy)
Endometriosis, PCOS, uterine fibroids, Ashermans syndrome and Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), are just a few of the female reproductive disorders linked to chronic inflammation. Here are 5 great anti- inflammatory foods to add to your shopping list.
- Green Leafy vegetables – high in phytonutrients, fibre and vitamin E. Vitamin E helps protect the body from cytokines which are pro-inflammatory molecules.
- Blueberries- contain antioxidants called anthocyanins which have anti-inflammatory effects in the body.
- Wild salmon – contain high in the omega-3 essential fatty acids DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) which help to reduce inflammation.
- Pineapple – contains a protease enzyme in the core called Bromelain, which acts as an anti-inflammatory in the body.
- Bell Peppers – are packed with vitamin c and other antioxidants that have a powerful anti-inflammatory effects in the body. They also contain the plant flavanol Quercetin which also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.