The consistency of this easy green soup can be adjusted accordingly to how you like it depending upon the amount of water you add and to make it creamy add a dash of coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 300g (4 cups) fresh broccoli, cut up into small pieces
- 225g (½lb) fresh spinach leaves
- 3 sticks of celery, chopped
- A handful of fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh water, adjust as required
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- A splash of lemon or lime juice
- Splash of coconut milk (optional)
How to make
- Using a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger to. Next, add the chopped broccoli, spinach, celery and parsley, and stir. Add enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce the heat to a medium simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened. Add a splash of coconut milk if desired.
- Use a blender/hand blender to purée the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon or lime.