Wondering how to get your omega 3 boost, why not try this fantastic Mediterranean sardine salad!
Ingredients (makes 2 plates of salad)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• A small handful of fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons of dried
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 3 medium tomatoes, cut into large chunks
• 1/2 cucumber, cut into large chunks
• 1 block of crumbled feta cheese
• 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
• 2 tablespoons Kalamata olives
• 2 cans sardines with bones, packed in olive oil or water, drained
How to make
Gently whisk the lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano and pepper in a large bowl and combine. Add the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, feta, onion and olives and mix together. Top with sardines and enjoy!
If you are using fresh sardines, splash a little olive oil into a pan and saute the sardines until cooked.
Add seasoning to taste. Enjoy!
For more fertility friendly recipes, visit here