With lycopene and its incredible health benefits, nutritionist Sue Bedford shares here a fantastic tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes
8 large ripe tomatoes
2/3 tablespoons olive oil
1 stick of celery
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
1 litre of vegetable stock (add more if necessary for desired thickness)
Fresh herbs such as fresh rosemary and thyme (optional)
1. Slice the tomatoes, onion, celery, and potatoes into cubes. Grate one carrot.
2. Warm a large pot and add in olive oil. Add in the onions and garlic and cook till soft.
3. Then, add in potatoes, tomatoes, celery and carrot (and herbs if required). Cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Add in vegetable stock and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
5. Using a blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth. Adjust thickness as necessary by adding extra water if required.
6. Season as required.